Use Your Mandatory IRA Withdrawal for Charitable Giving - Sep. 12, 2018

At age 70½
 the IRS requires you to begin taking withdrawals called “Required Minimum Distributions” from your traditional IRA account. The amounts withdrawn are taxable at ordinary income tax rates. Depending on your tax bracket, that may be a tax-painful event, especially if you don’t need or want the additional income.  

If you are at least 70 ½, you can avoid these taxes by transferring some or all of your Required Minimum Distribution amount directly from your IRA to your favorite charities. This is called an IRA Charitable Rollover (or Qualified Charitable Distribution). 

Join us to learn more! How to request an IRA Charitable Rollover Which charities qualify to receive an IRA Charitable Rollover Other tax benefits, especially with regard to the new tax laws Questions: Email Robin Larsen, donor services officer, or call her at 831.662.2061



When: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. 
Where: Community Foundation Santa Cruz County 7807 Soquel Dr. Aptos, CA 95003
Cost: $Free - Advance registration required


Sam Leask, philanthropic services director, Community Foundation Santa Cruz County

Robin Larsen, donor services officer, Community Foundation Santa Cruz County